If you have a metal table with nice legs but a lackluster or damaged tabletop, you can easily give it new life by attaching a glass table top. This simple project can be completed in just a few hours and will make a big impact in the look of your metal table.
Here are the supplies you'll need to attach a glass table top to metal legs:
- - Glass table top (measure the table to get the correct size)
- - Glass adhesive or silicone caulking
- - Cutter or glass score tool
- - Towel
- Begin by cleaning the surface of the metal table legs. Make sure they are free of dirt, dust, and debris before proceeding.
- Next, measure the glass tabletop to get the correct size. Once you have the measurement, use a glass cutter or glass score tool to cut the glass to size.
- Apply a bead of glass adhesive or silicone caulking around the edge of the metal table leg.
- Carefully place the glass tabletop onto the adhesive, making sure it is flush against the metal leg.
- Use a towel to wipe away any excess adhesive or caulking.
- Allow the adhesive to dry completely before using the table.