Building metal folding table legs is not as difficult as it may seem. With the right tools and materials, you can create sturdy, attractive table legs that will support your folding table for years to come. Here's how to do it:
- Start by measuring the width and length of your tabletop. You'll need to know these dimensions in order to cut the metal tubing for the legs to the correct size.
- Cut the tubing using a hacksaw or pipe cutter. Make sure to wear protective eyewear while doing this.
- Next, use a drill to make two holes in each piece of tubing. These holes will be used to attach the tubing to the tabletop.
- Once the holes are drilled, sand the edges of the tubing to smooth them out.
- Now it's time to attach the tubing to the tabletop. For this, you'll need to use screws and nuts (or bolts). Simply insert the screws through the holes in the tubing and screw them into the tabletop. Then, add the nuts (or bolts) to the other side.
- Finally, fold the legs of the table and tighten the screws to secure them in place.