How to distress metal table legs?
- Remove any paint or other finish from the metal table legs using a paint stripper or sandpaper.
- Decide how you want to distress the metal – you can use a chisel to create dents and scratches, or you can use a hammer to create a more random, weathered look.
- If using a chisel, start by scoring the metal with light taps. You can create whatever design you like – dents, scratches, or gouges.
- If using a hammer, start by hitting the metal randomly to create a weathered look. You can also use the back of the hammer to create bigger dents and scratches.
- Apply a rust-inhibiting primer to the metal if you want to preserve the distressed look.
- Paint the metal table legs with a protective finish if desired.
Leave a comment