antique · cast iron table legs · coffee table · coffee table legs · custom table · dining table legs · DIY · DIY furniture · DIY table legs · DIY tables · Farmhouse design · industrial · Industrial Design · industrial furniture · Industrial Table Legs · iron · Live Edge table · live edge wood · make your own bench · metal · metal coffee table legs · Table ideas · table legs ·
How to DIY your own bench
- Drake coffee table / bench legs
- Wooden plank or board for the table top (size depending on personal preference)
- Iron legs (can be purchased from a hardware store or online)
- Lag screws and washers
- Stain or paint (optional)
1. Start by choosing the size of the wooden plank that will serve as the table top. Make sure the wood is sturdy and can withstand the weight of the legs and any objects that will be placed on it.
2. Sand the wooden plank thoroughly, making sure to smooth out any bumps or rough edges.
3. If desired, stain or paint the plank according to personal preference. Allow it to dry completely.
4. Turn the wooden plank over and place the iron legs on each corner, making sure they are evenly spaced.
5. Using a drill, screw the legs onto the wooden plank, making sure they are securely attached.
6. Flip the table over and check that it is level, adjust the legs if necessary.
7. Clean the table with a damp cloth and voila! A beautiful coffee table with iron legs.
Note: Alternatively, if you have access to welding equipment or a metal fabrication shop, you could create your own custom iron legs for the table. This would require a bit more expertise and 20 grand lol, but the result would be a truly unique piece of furniture.
Leave a comment