Most people don't realize how easy it is to extend the legs on their metal ikea table. With a few simple tools and a little bit of elbow grease, you can easily add a few inches to the height of your table. This is a great way to accommodate taller guests or simply to give yourself a bit more legroom when you're working at your table.
Here's what you'll need to extend the legs on your metal ikea table:
- -4 metal ikea table legs
- -4 sets of extensions (ikea part #100507)
- -16 washers
- -16 screws
- -1 drill
- -1 screwdriver
- Begin by measuring the length of your table legs. You'll need to purchase extensions that are 2-3 inches longer than the legs themselves.
- Next, drill a pilot hole through the center of each extension.
- Place a washer over each screw and then thread the screw through the extension and into the leg. Repeat this process for all 4 extensions.
- Tighten the screws until the extensions are firmly in place.