If you're looking for a way to add a touch of sophistication to your home décor, metal table legs are a great option. They come in a variety of styles and can be easily found to match any type of table. Plus, with a little bit of effort, you can finish metal table legs yourself and save money in the process. Here's how to finish metal table legs in 8 easy steps:
- Start by sanding the legs with a medium-grit sandpaper. This will help to rough up the surface and create a key for the paint to adhere to.
- Wipe the legs down with a tack cloth to remove any dust from sanding.
- Apply a coat of primer to the legs. This will help the paint to adhere and also provide a base color.
- Let the primer dry completely.
- Once the primer is dry, apply a coat of paint to the legs. If you're using a spray paint, be sure to hold the can 6-8 inches away from the surface and use even, sweeping motions.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Apply a clear sealer to the legs. This will protect the paint and help the legs to resist dirt and stains.
- Let the sealer dry completely before using the table.